Squamish Senior’s Center Society Board of Directors
Honestly one of my favorite meetings so far. at the beginning of the summer I reached out to the Squamish Senior’s Center Society Board of Directors because I wanted to hear directly from them what they see as important to senior citizens and Squamish as a whole. As they weren’t meeting much over the summer we managed to connect a few weeks ago.
We touched on a huge range of issues.
For those particular to seniors I heard:
- Support for seniors through meaningful dialogue before decisions are made, not after,
- The proposed building at 38275 Third ave,
- Mixed development downtown and across the board that sees more condos for seniors,
- Two way dialogue between the District, and
- Of course better amenities at the Senior’s Center.
Squamish as a whole we discussed:
- Less wasteful spending,
- Burdens of property taxes,
- Over crowded trails,
- Garibaldi at Squamish,
- Need for good paying jobs,
- More child care,
- Infrastructure investment,
- Protecting the environment,
- Greater public parking,
- Improved facilities,
- More amenity contributions,
- Improved government efficiency,
- Access to transportation, and
- Well thought out longterm planning.
So the shorter question is… what didn’t we talk about? 🙂
Thank you so much again to the Squamish Senior’s Center Society Board of Directors for talking with me, I’d be happy to do so again anytime.
Every Voice Counts